Government Scheme For
Girlchild In India
Government always takes the initiative for the girl child to uplift their career and boost their education journey, and always introduces new girl education schemes for girl children, there is one more government scheme for girlchild in India, which is Udaan. Udaan is an initiative taken by the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), under the surveillance of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, that empowers girl child students who want further to pursue their careers in engineering from a recognized university and contribute to the country in future.
Under this government scheme for girlchild in India, free offline/online resources are provided to the students. This girl education scheme features the three dimensions of education-curriculum design, transaction, and assessment. These dimensions enhance the teaching-learning process.
The Significance Of Girl Education
There is a famous saying, “If you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a woman, you educate a family, a whole nation”. Therefore, girls’ education is necessary and should also be a compulsory step towards changing girls’ lives for their betterment and the nation’s development. Quality education is very important in every student’s life, and giving it to a girl child helps them to maintain a healthy, prosperous and productive lifestyle. Such girl-empowering schemes are golden opportunities provided to girls. Moreover, by contributing to girl’s life, educating them will showcase their talent and capabilities, inspire them to become good leaders worldwide and make the nation proud. With access to the classrooms, they also need a safe environment to study and grow with the growing world.
Why Gender Equality Is A Must In The Education
Gender equality is a must in the education system since it not only prepares girls to compete with the boys in this developing world but also prepares the boys to accept girls as their competitors too. This government scheme for girlchild in India not only empowers girl students but also opens a vast space for both girls and boys with equal learning growth opportunities. It indulges and develops life skills like self-management, critical thinking and professional communication.
Features Of Udaan
This government scheme for girlchild in India offers free support to girlchild students in classes 11th and 12th to prepare themselves for Engineering Entrance Examination.
● Access to study materials, video lectures and tutorials
● Virtual Contact classes at 60 designated city centres.
● For the smooth learning process beyond classrooms, pre-loaded
tablets are available.
● For the selected students, sessions were organized on the use of
● With the help of useful assessments, proper feedback is provided
● Beneficial steps are provided to correct learning.
● Chance to learn with their mates together.
● Continuous monitoring and tracking of the student’s progress
with the feedback.
Eligibility Criteria For Udaan Yojana
Here are the basic criteria for the girls to fulfil to get eligible for this particular girl education scheme.
● Firstly, the girl student should only be a citizen of India and residing in India.
● Girl students should be in class 11th of any government-based
schools, like KVs or NVs or CBSE-affiliated private schools.
● Students are only selected based on merit, and their chosen city is
considered for the weekly virtual classes.
● Students should have opted for Physics, Chemistry and Maths as
their major subjects in class 11th.
● The student’s family should not earn more than INR 6 lakhs per
● The student’s class 10th and 11th marks are also considered for the
eligibility to get fulfilled. They must have a 70% score in class 10th
or 8 CGPA. And 80% of marks in Mathematics.
● Their reservation is as per the JEE Advanced reservations
Under this government scheme for girlchild in India, girl children are
given more preference and special attention for the sake of their better
future and career.
This gradual growth will be helpful for the advanced building of the nation
and its youth. Government should give preference to such girl-empowering
schemes for the healthy development of girl children, as these schemes motivate them and give wings to their dreams.
For more such blogs kindly visit https://nrichlearning.com/